As your company continues to grow, choosing which tasks you spend most of your time on becomes extremely important. It is no longer like before when you’d ship a few orders a week and be able to get them all out in a swift manner by yourself. More than likely if your Shopify store is constantly pinging with orders throughout the day and products are overtaking your garage, extra bedroom or storage, it is time to outsource fulfillment for your Shopify store with an experienced and trustworthy fulfillment provider that can store, pick, pack and ship your products rapidly and cost-effectively.
While many Shopify sellers usually start out fulfilling their own orders in-house, they eventually advance towards outsourcing fulfillment because packing and shipping orders begins to take up too much time. At Fulfyld, we make the process of outsourcing fulfillment for your Shopify store extremely simple.
Let’s take a look at the steps to outsourcing your fulfillment with Fulfyld:
Steps to Outsourcing your Fulfillment with Fulfyld
After speaking to a member of our highly skilled fulfillment team and receiving a satisfiable quote, you will then move forward into outsourcing your fulfillment. This process is extremely simple and will allow you to focus more on building your brand while we handle tedious tasks like fulfilling and shipping your orders.
1. Seamlessly connect your Shopify store with Fulfyld
By smoothly integrating Shopify with Fulfyld’s software, this allows your orders to automatically stream into Fulfyld’s system from your Shopify store. During the integration process, we are simply linking the two services to be able to communicate with each other. Your order and tracking information will automatically update as orders come in, and you will be able to see this happening on your end as well.
2. Send your inventory to Fulfyld
After successfully integrating your Shopify store with Fulfyld, you will then indicate which products will be shipped from Fulfyld. Then, send in your inventory to be securely stored and shipped in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
3. Fulfyld delivers the goods to your customers
After connecting your store and sending us your inventory, we take it from here! Now, as soon as a customer places an order, we quickly ship it from the nearest fulfillment center(s). Since you’ve integrated your store with Fulfyld’s software, Shopify will send all order data to Fulfyld automatically.
Be sure to set reorder points and alerts so that as you continue to sell and ship, you’ll have enough safety stock and won’t risk running out before you can send Fulfyld your next batch of inventory.
Pros and Cons to outsourcing fulfillment
There are lots of advantages to your outsourcing your Shopify store’s fulfillment with an experienced, reliable fulfillment provider like Fulfyld. While you’ll still be responsible for marketing your brand, Fulfyld will be responsible for storing, picking, packing and shipping your products. Sounds like a no-brainer, right?
Here are a few advantages to outsourcing fulfillment:
- Lower shipping costs: By outsourcing your fulfillment with a top fulfillment provider, you gain access to Fulfyld’s negotiated shipping rates with major shipping carriers like USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. You ultimately get much better rates than you would by handling shipping yourself.
- Streamline your fulfillment process: Streamlining your process increases efficiency and speed because you are now cutting out repetitive steps in your process that would normally take up most of your time.
- Speedy delivery: Fulfyld has the experience, technology, resources and staff to guarantee that your orders will be shipped in the fastest and cheapest way possible. Since online shoppers love quick shipping and delivery, this service will undoubtedly boost customer satisfaction.
- Ability to scale faster: There’s nothing worse than having the need to scale and not being able to effectively. At Fulfyld, we take care of this issue by being able to scale quickly according to your needs, without any breaks or delays in your supply chain.
- Phenomenal, advanced technology: Partnering with an ecommerce fulfillment provider that is equipped with robust technology helps your business run well. Fulfyld’s modern technology solutions and software inform you on the specific details of your business such as order management, inventory reports and much more.
- Reduce long-term expenses: Reduce long term expenses like warehouse leases, having to hire staff to fulfill and ship orders, employee benefits, and payroll expenses. A warehouse or warehouse staff is no longer needed on your end when you outsource fulfillment to a trusted fulfillment provider.
Like any other matter, there are also other factors to take into consideration when outsourcing fulfillment for your Shopify store:
- Loss of control: When outsourcing your fulfillment, you are essentially handing over the control of your company’s entire logistics to your fulfillment provider. Though this process can be startling initially for those who’ve always handled their own supply chain, it can also be immensely rewarding. You will now be able to free up time and do things like concentrate solely on marketing and advertising strategies to continue to grow and scale your business.
- No hands-on access to your inventory: By outsourcing fulfillment, you won’t be able to physically touch and see your inventory anymore once it is shipped to your fulfillment provider. However, a trusted and reliable fulfillment partner has transparent processes in place that allow you to see everything pertaining your inventory on the backend. This relieves any potential stress or uncertainty concerning your inventory or Shopify store.
Let Fulfyld handle fulfillment for your Shopify store
At Fulfyld, we take the challenge of order fulfillment for your Shopify store off of your hands completely. Our goal is to make this process exceptionally easy for you so that you can concentrate on more important matters and decisions while ultimately boosting customer satisfaction. If this sounds like a service that can benefit your brand, contact us today to outsource fulfillment for your Shopify store.